Beluga’s 10 Predictions for 2024
By Will McKinnon December 28, 2023
2023 was a crazy year for crypto and as the crypto winter begins to thaw, we expect 2024 to be even crazier. Here are Beluga's predictions for 2024:
- Bitcoin will break $100K and reach a $2 trillion market cap, placing it just outside the top 10 currencies in the world.
- Satoshi Nakamoto will be considered for the Nobel Prize for Economics but can't be nominated because they don't know his identity.
- A Bitcoin ETF will finally be approved, but won't go live for trading until Q3 of 2024.
- The Bitcoin ETF approval will be a "sell the news" event, and Ethereum will outperform BTC for the first half of 2024.
- Memecoin mania will be all the rage for the first half of 2024 with Bonk leading the charge to a $3B market cap.
- Crypto payments will become hot as Stripe will acquire BitPay.
- No new crypto regulations will pass in the USA, however, regulators will start targeting DEX's and try to require KYC.
- Base Network will become Ethereum's largest Layer 2 by TVL and daily transactions.
- Web3 games will still struggle for adoption, but the NFT market will surpass previous volume highs led by blockchain gaming NFT's and tokens.
- USDC will flip Tether as the largest stablecoin as Tether will have trouble complying with increasingly active US regulators.
The FTX exchange will relaunch under new management and regain its spot as the top crypto derivatives exchange.